The Rafah border crossing between Gaza and Egypt opens for limited evacuations, members of the Trump family are to testify in a New York civil fraud case, and President Biden prepares to visit Minnesota to showcase his rural investment initiatives.
Border crisis: The Rafah, Gaza-Egypt border crossing permits limited evacuations for the first time since the Hamas-led attacks against Israel.
* Foreign passport holders and seriously injured individuals will be permitted to leave Gaza.
* These steps follow Israeli airstrikes on the Jabalia refugee camp near Gaza City, targeting a top Hamas commander, Ibrahim Biari.
* Thousands of Palestinian workers from Gaza, employed in Israel, are trapped in the West Bank.
Courtroom showdown: Donald Trump Jr. is scheduled to testify today in the Trump family’s ongoing New York civil fraud case.
* Eric and Ivanka Trump as well as the former President are expected to testify in the coming week.
* The case centers around whether the Trump Organization purposefully committed fraud by falsifying the value of their assets.
* New York’s Attorney General, Letitia James, is aiming to bar the former president and his two sons from running businesses in New York.
Presidential tour: President Biden is set to visit Minnesota to highlight his administration’s investment in rural America.
* President Biden’s visit coincides with the start of Rep. Dean Phillips’s campaign town hall in New Hampshire.
* Phillips is the latest contender challenging Biden for the Democratic presidential nomination.
* Despite this, Biden’s campaign remains largely unphased by Phillip’s challenge, according to NPR’s Tamara Keith.
View original article on NPR
This summary was created by an AI system. The use of this summary is subject to our Terms of Service.