Global Pizza Maker of the Year and founder of London-based restaurant, Napoli on the Road, Michele Pascarella has shared five tips on making perfect pizza.
Personal Background: Michele Pascarella, a Naples-born pizza chef who started in a pizzeria at age 11, is the London-based founder of Napoli on the Road.
* Pascarella, who started Napoli on the Road in 2019, has won numerous awards for his pizzas and is recognized as a pioneer in contemporary pizza.
* His signature pizza is topped with slow cooked ragu and parmigiano reggiano cream, reminiscing his Sunday breakfasts back in Italy.
Achievements: Pascarella was recently named Global Pizza Maker of the Year by 50 Top Pizza, which he describes as “like the Michelin guide for pizza”.
* His innovative pizza designs exhibit a fusion of his childhood memories and the fresh ingredients available in London.
Pizza Making Tips: Pascarella’s secret to making the best pizza includes following a set of five tips.
* He recommends using fresh and in-season ingredients, keeping the pizza simple with few ingredients, and if homemade, making the dough a bit watery to compensate for the lack of professional equipment.
* He is against the use of any fruits on pizza, particularly pineapple, and encourages continual learning in one’s craft.
Striking Quote: Emphasising the importance of continual learning, Pascarella said, “In this job, you never learn enough. Every day we can learn something.”
This summary was created by an AI system. The use of this summary is subject to our Terms of Service.