Two Pennsylvania school districts canceled classes after a convicted murderer, Danelo Cavalcante, escaped from Chester County Prison and was sighted in the area.
Escape details: Cavalcante escaped last Thursday and has since been spotted six times in the vicinity of the prison.
* He was last seen on a trail camera carrying a duffel bag near Longwood Gardens on Monday night.
* Longwood Gardens alerted police, who confirmed it was Cavalcante, leading to the closure of Longwood Gardens and cancellation of classes in two nearby school districts.
Impact on local community: The escape prompted the Kennett Consolidated School District and the Unionville-Chadds Ford School District to cancel classes and all school activities.
* Schools and offices of the Unionville-Chadds Ford School District were also closed on Tuesday, opting for a flexible instruction day.
* Residents were advised to lock their doors and monitor surroundings by the district attorney’s office.
The ongoing search: State police have expanded their search area and the investigation into Cavalcante’s escape is still running.
* Hundreds of law enforcement officers are contributing to the search for Cavalcante.
* Over 100 tip calls on Cavalcante’s whereabouts have been received.
About the escapee: Cavalcante was recently sentenced to life imprisonment for killing his ex-girlfriend.
* A federal warrant has been issued for his arrest, with a $10,000 reward being offered for information leading to his arrest.
This summary was created by an AI system. The use of this summary is subject to our Terms of Service.