Rapper Post Malone has reportedly purchased a unique Magic: The Gathering card called ‘The One Ring’ for an amount thought to be around $2 million.
Backdrop: Malone previously shattered Magic
* The One Ring card, which was released in June, is valued as high as $2 million.
* Malone has been a long-time fan of the game, even having a card, the Post the Enchanter, created in his honor in 2021 by game creators Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro.
Card’s journey: The unique card was sold by Brook Trafton, who posted a video of the discovery of the mint condition card on social media.
* The video of him finding the card, which he has had rated by card-grading company Professional Sports Authenticator (PSA), has had nearly 4 million views.
* Trafton noted his hard decision to sell the card from his childhood hobby, but the “life changing” potential of the transaction was too much to pass up.
The transaction: Trafton handed off the card to Malone during a personal interaction, the video of which he shared on social media platforms TikTok and X Corp (formerly known as Twitter).
* Malone expressed interest in the card, saying “Yeah, I’ll take it,” before sharing a hug with Trafton.
* While the exact purchase price is unknown, Trafton expressed gratitude for the opportunity, stating that the sale has “changed his life” and was a “dream come true.”
What to watch: It remains to be seen whether Malone will attempt to buy other highly valued Magic
This summary was created by an AI system. The use of this summary is subject to our Terms of Service.