Lori Vallow Daybell, who was recently sentenced to life in prison in Idaho for murdering two of her children, is now facing extradition to Arizona to face additional conspiracy murder charges.
Background: Vallow Daybell was found guilty of murdering her two youngest children and conspiring to murder a romantic rival in an attempt to start a new life with her fifth husband, Chad Daybell.
* Now, Arizona prosecutors intend to bring her to their state to face charges related to her fourth husband’s death and a separate attempt on another relative’s life.
Arizona Charges: In Arizona, Vallow Daybell is accused of conspiring with her brother, Alex Cox, to murder her fourth husband.
* They allege the purpose was to enable her to marry Chad Daybell and secure a $1 million life insurance payout.
* She is also accused of conspiring with Cox to attempt to murder her niece’s ex-husband, who survived the ploy.
* The process to extradite Vallow Daybell to Arizona likely takes between 90-120 days.
Notable Points: The crimes Vallow Daybell committed are reportedly entwined with bizarre beliefs about doomsday scenarios and zombies.
* These contributed to an elaborate scheme justifying her actions, which aimed to allow her and Chad Daybell to embark on a new life.
* Recent trials in Idaho revealed she expected to be a beneficiary of her fourth husband’s life insurance policy, and was taken by surprise when this was not the case.
What’s next: Chad Daybell, Vallow Daybell’s fifth husband, also faces murder charges in Idaho for three deaths. His trial is scheduled to begin in April 2024.
This summary was created by an AI system. The use of this summary is subject to our Terms of Service.