Uruguayan-American musician Juan Wauters reflects on personal changes, COVID-19, and the creation of his latest album, “Wandering Rebel.”
In the spotlight: Juan Wauters rose to fame with his acoustic sound and straightforward storytelling in his music.
* His latest album, “Wandering Rebel,” underscores a journey of introspection and deals with personal changes Wauters underwent in the past year.
* Wauters revealed he reconnected with his birth country Uruguay during COVID-19 and started to spend long durations there, even shifting to live in a remote beach town in Uruguay for a month.
Influences on the album: Wauters’ experience of feeling like a foreigner in his own country is reflected in his music.
* According to Wauters, the process of creating the album amidst changes in his life affected his emotional state, reflected in the lyrics of his track “Nube Negra.”
* Wauters explained that the lack of contact with his fanbase and inability to gauge audience response due to COVID-19 led to challenges and self-doubt during the album’s creation.
Life changes and future possibilities: Wauters shares that settling down has become an appealing choice after years of a nomadic lifestyle.
* He reveals that he and his partner Lucia welcomed a baby girl which brings new choices for his future, including living in Uruguay and being a father.
* Wauters is uncertain about the future of his music in America while he resides in Uruguay, but he sees many new possibilities in these changes.
This summary was created by an AI system. The use of this summary is subject to our Terms of Service.