An American man has been arrested in Germany for the death of a U.S. tourist and the assault on another near Neuschwanstein castle.
The incident: The man allegedly pushed two female tourists, ages 21 and 22, down a steep slope near a bridge close to the castle.
* He met them on a hiking path and lured them onto a trail leading to a viewpoint.
* The 22-year-old woman was choked and pushed down the slope by the suspect, while the 21-year-old woman was sexually assaulted before being pushed down as well.
The aftermath: A mountain rescue team reached both women.
* The 22-year-old was “responsive” and taken to a hospital.
* The 21-year-old suffered serious injuries and died in the hospital overnight.
Arrest and investigation: The suspect was quickly arrested nearby and is being held pending a potential indictment.
* He is under investigation on suspicion of murder, attempted murder, and a sexual offense.
* Authorities are focusing on trying to reconstruct exactly what happened and are calling for witnesses to come forward.
This summary was created by an AI system. The use of this summary is subject to our Terms of Service.