At least six people were killed in a Russian missile attack on residential buildings in Kryvyi Rih, Ukrainian President Zelenskyy’s hometown.
The situation: Overnight on Tuesday, Russian cruise missiles hit a five-story residential building in the central Ukrainian city of Kryvyi Rih.
* At least six people were killed, with seven people feared trapped under the rubble.
* Over two dozen people were reportedly injured.
* The attack is part of ongoing fighting between Ukrainian forces and Russia.
Ongoing conflict: The war between Russia and Ukraine has entered its 16th month, with Ukrainian forces using Western-supplied firepower in counteroffensive operations to try and drive out Russian forces.
* Concurrently, other Ukrainian cities, including Kharkiv and Kyiv, have been subjected to drone and missile attacks.
* Ukrainian forces have made small gains in territory but face a difficult battle to regain control of the one-fifth of their country under Russian occupation.
This summary was created by an AI system. The use of this summary is subject to our Terms of Service.